- Antidepressants may be effective at improving the symptoms of depression.
- The goal of your treatment should be to resolve your symptoms of depression, not just some. If you have taken your medication as directed for 2 to 4 weeks and are not feeling any better, talk to your doctor.
- There are many different types of antidepressants. Your doctor will work with you to choose the antidepressant that is best for you.
- Most people will start to feel better after 1 to 2 weeks. The full benefit of the medication can be felt after 4 to 10 weeks of treatment.
- The length of time you take your antidepressant is different for everyone. You should take your medication as recommended by your doctor.
- Antidepressants are not known to be addictive.
- Take your medication everyday exactly as recommended by your doctor.
- Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions about your antidepressant.